Tips for Telling Your Story
Write to us about your concerns for retirement. Send us a video or audio recording of yourself talking about your concerns. Interview a friend or a family member about their concerns for retirement. Below are a few questions to help you get started telling your story:
- Do you worry about being able to make ends meet in retirement?
- Does your employer offer neither a pension nor a 401(k) plan?
- Do you only have a 401(k) plan? Did you lose large amounts of your retirement savings with the recent stock market crash? How does this change your plans for retirement?
- Do you have only a 401(k) plan and feel that you did all of the right things only to still be worried about not having enough to live on in retirement due to circumstances beyond your control (stock market crash, loss of job, illness)?
- Are you a small business owner who wants to provide a retirement plan for your employees, but cannot afford to do so?
- Do you have guaranteed pension and are not worried about retirement?
- Are you a young person who has no idea of how they will ever be able to retire?